Selection Show - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2nd_serve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,248
                     
Selection Show

Anyone have a clear idea where one can watch the selection show? If I remember right, last year I could not find it, and I'm not sure if I am finding the link on the NCAA.or page, but it might be this one. Are they going to stream the show to the web??
2nd_serve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
College Tennis/Team USA expert
 
tennisbuddy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,064
                     
Re: Selection Show

Last year I think it was on one of the ESPN channels, but I believe it's online this year. It's probably that link.

Tennis Tipping
Singles: Won ITF Contrexeville '10, ITF Yakima '12, ITF Medellin '14, ITF Monterrey '14, ITF Asuncion '14, ITF CH-YEC '14, WTA Dubai '16
Doubles: Won WTA Bad Gastein '10 (as Q), WTA Quebec City '10 (as Q),Wimbledon '11, ITF Kansas City '11, ITF Nassau '12, ITF Yakima '12, WTA 125 Hua Hin '15

tennisbuddy12 is offline  
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
 
form's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 806
 
Re: Selection Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Last year I think it was on one of the ESPN channels, but I believe it's online this year. It's probably that link.
http://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query

But I can't find the actual link.


BUBBLE: Since Bill & Mary moved up to # 43 in yesterday's ranking... the last spot in is # 44.

Prediction time (which sucks for my favorite team YET AGAIN):

# 1 - Host, # 2 seed, # 3 seed
Florida, SMU, South Carolina
Stanford, Pepperdine, Long Beach State
Duke, Texas A&M, Maryland
North Carolina, NC State, VCU
Miami, Yale, FIU
UCLA, San Diego, Cal Poly
Baylor, Oklahoma, Arizona
Georgia, Alabama, UNLV
California, USC, Saint Mary's College
Michigan, Washington, Nebraska
Virginia, Texas, William and Mary
Florida State, Tulsa, South Florida
Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Sacramento State
Northwestern, Notre Dame, Fresno State
Clemson, Arkansas, Winthrop
Georgia Tech, Arizona State, Mississippi
form is offline  
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,477
 
Radical is offline  
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
tucker1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23,688
                     
Re: Selection Show

It's live, and he already mispronounced Taube...
tucker1989 is offline  
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Senior Member
 
tucker1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23,688
                     
Re: Selection Show

FSU screwed, Texas A&M hosting...
tucker1989 is offline  
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: Selection Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
FSU screwed, Texas A&M hosting...
NCAA loves TAMU

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Senior Member
 
tucker1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 23,688
                     
Re: Selection Show

Clemson also looked over, heading to Arkansas for a regional
tucker1989 is offline  
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: Selection Show

Stanford overall #1 seed

Allie and her swamp family.

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale

Last edited by Amalgamate; May 3rd, 2011 at 10:52 PM.
Amalgamate is offline  
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 361
                     
Re: Selection Show

Stanford rightfully gets the #1 seed over Florida, who they beat, yet were behind in the rankings. Interesting, these 2 were involved in a similar situation on the men's side. Florida was a spot below Stanford in the rankings, but they flipped in the seedings, based on Florida's win head to head.
UFGatorFan is offline  
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2nd_serve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,248
                     
Re: Selection Show

Here is the bracket link

I think they did the right thing in naming Stanford the #1 seed. I noticed there were a few other switches in the placement of the top 16.

Last edited by 2nd_serve; May 3rd, 2011 at 11:28 PM.
2nd_serve is offline  
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 405
                     
Re: Selection Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Here is the bracket link
Kind of hard to figure how Duke got a No. 3 seed especially after losing 2 of their last 3 matches and squeaking by the third one. That is definetely the easiest quarter of the bracket!
johnnytennis is offline  
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2nd_serve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,248
                     
Re: Selection Show

Tuesday, May 3—Team bracket selection show on ESPNEWS. Team lineups posted for
review on NCAA website (www.NCAA.org) immediately following selection show.

Wednesday, May 4—Singles and doubles selections released on NCAA website by 6 p.m.
(Eastern time).
Wednesday, May 4—Deadline for challenging lineups, 5 p.m. (Eastern time). Challenges
to men’s lineups must be submitted to Kristin W. Fasbender, NCAA championships
manager (fax: 317/917-6210; e-mail: kfasbender@ncaa.org). Challenges to women’s
lineups must be submitted to Mary Berdo, NCAA championships manager (fax: 317/917-
6210; e-mail: mberdo@ncaa.org).

Maybe Embittered can help me find the team lineup link on NCAA.ORG referred to above.
2nd_serve is offline  
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Selection Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
http://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query

But I can't find the actual link.


BUBBLE: Since Bill & Mary moved up to # 43 in yesterday's ranking... the last spot in is # 44.

Prediction time (which sucks for my favorite team YET AGAIN):

# 1 - Host, # 2 seed, # 3 seed
Florida, SMU, South Carolina
Stanford, Pepperdine, Long Beach State
Duke, Texas A&M, Maryland
North Carolina, NC State, VCU
Miami, Yale, FIU
UCLA, San Diego, Cal Poly
Baylor, Oklahoma, Arizona
Georgia, Alabama, UNLV
California, USC, Saint Mary's College
Michigan, Washington, Nebraska
Virginia, Texas, William and Mary
Florida State, Tulsa, South Florida
Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Sacramento State
Northwestern, Notre Dame, Fresno State
Clemson, Arkansas, Winthrop
Georgia Tech, Arizona State, Mississippi


ASU is so going to Stanford
fantic is offline  
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: Selection Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Tuesday, May 3—Team bracket selection show on ESPNEWS. Team lineups posted for
review on NCAA website (www.NCAA.org) immediately following selection show.

Wednesday, May 4—Singles and doubles selections released on NCAA website by 6 p.m.
(Eastern time).
Wednesday, May 4—Deadline for challenging lineups, 5 p.m. (Eastern time). Challenges
to men’s lineups must be submitted to Kristin W. Fasbender, NCAA championships
manager (fax: 317/917-6210; e-mail: kfasbender@ncaa.org). Challenges to women’s
lineups must be submitted to Mary Berdo, NCAA championships manager (fax: 317/917-
6210; e-mail: mberdo@ncaa.org).

Maybe Embittered can help me find the team lineup link on NCAA.ORG referred to above.
I couldn't find it

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome