WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 219
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
So you don't like one girl and that gives you the right to label them the bitchiest team? Grow up. What, did Allie kick your butt on the court over and over? Fine if you don't want to like them, and you are entitled to your opinion, but maybe save it for another forum. You come across as bitter and childish. Maybe that's what you are after.
For someone (me) who couldn't care less about the team or specific players, I couldn't agree with you more UFGatorFan about your thoughts here. Thankfully most here don't use this forum to discuss the their take on personality profiles of all these kids.
its_a_racquet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 219
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Amal said, "Re: Mboyle. Reka is a sweet girl, I just can't stand her game I don't know Ellah other than the fact that she's really religious/homophobic? I could be wrong about that though, I just have this faint memory of that."

Amal - kind of sad that you combined the words religious and homophobic as if they were one and the same........as if all folks who were religious were also homophobic. And thanks for sharing your faint memories of another player.......nice touch.......

Last edited by its_a_racquet; Feb 13th, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo
its_a_racquet is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
So you don't like one girl and that gives you the right to label them the bitchiest team? Grow up. What, did Allie kick your butt on the court over and over? Fine if you don't want to like them, and you are entitled to your opinion, but maybe save it for another forum. You come across as bitter and childish. Maybe that's what you are after.
No, I don't like 4 of UF's top 6. Allie being the worst. And actually no, I've played Allie twice (in tournaments) and she won the first match, I won the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Welcome back Amal

But I think NOT. Name one team that can challenge them They're like two superpowers USA and USSR in the Cold War Era Season could be boring..(of COURSE I don't like that, needless to say..ah, those were the days, from 'GT to DUKE' )
In theory, yes I also see them in the NCAA finals. But stuff happens like injuries, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
Amal said, "Re: Mboyle. Reka is a sweet girl, I just can't stand her game I don't know Ellah other than the fact that she's really religious/homophobic? I could be wrong about that though, I just have this faint memory of that."

Amal - kind of sad that you combined the words religious and homophobic as if they were one and the same........as if all folks who were religious were also homophobic. And thanks for sharing your faint memories of another player.......nice touch.......
Fine. I'll rephrase that. "Is Ellah still really homophobic? Because back when she had myspace that's one thing that surprised me."

Sorry guys, this is where I get to talk about college tennis with people besides my teammates (actually my teammates surprisingly know very little about other stuff going on in college tennis). So I will continue to unapologetically root against UF, share things about players, say what I want.

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2011, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I've played Allie twice (in tournaments) and she won the first match, I won the second.



In theory, yes I also see them in the NCAA finals. But stuff happens like injuries, etc.


Guys, we have to find a player who was 1-1 with Will


And I think Hitimana at #7 is ok? She beat Alex Clay of Alabama at Riviera..
Same for Stanford, imagine McVeigh playing at #7
UCLA has depth in that department also..Pantic, for instance.

EDIT; forgot to add Seguso, since she's playing singles in most matches I forgot that she might be #7 or 8

Last edited by fantic; Feb 15th, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
fantic is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Guys, we have to find a player who was 1-1 with Will


And I think Hitimana at #7 is ok? She beat Alex Clay of Alabama at Riviera..
Same for Stanford, imagine McVeigh playing at #7
UCLA has depth in that department also..Pantic, for instance.
You'll have to dig veryyyy deep to find those records

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2011, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
You'll have to dig veryyyy deep to find those records
I cannot, but gouci might
fantic is offline  
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Regarding Stanford's 2-4 being interchangeable, February 14th rankings:

20. Kristie Ahn Stanford
21. Nicole Gibbs Stanford
22. Mallory Burdette Stanford


Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Regarding Stanford's 2-4 being interchangeable, February 14th rankings:

20. Kristie Ahn Stanford
21. Nicole Gibbs Stanford
22. Mallory Burdette Stanford

damn, I was just going to comment on that
fantic is offline  
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Documenting the rivalry, if Florida and Stanford played today, my predictions:
(Line up based on last team match played)

No. 1 Stanford 5, No. 2 Florida 2

DOUBLES
1) Barte/Burdette (STAN) def. Oyen/Will (UF)
2) Embree/Mather (UF) def. Ahn/Gibbs (STAN)
3) Veronica Li/McVeigh (STAN) d. Cercone/Hitimana

SINGLES
1) Allie Will (UF) def. Hilary Barte (STAN)
2) Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. Lauren Embree (UF)
3) Kristie Ahn (STAN) d. Sofie Oyen (UF)
4) Mallory Burdette (STAN) d. Joanna Mather (UF)
5) Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Alex Cercone (UF)
6) Oliva Janowicz (UF) def. Carolyn McVeigh (STAN)


Hopefully we'll see at indoors

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2011, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Burdette vs Mather, could be a blast
fantic is offline  
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 405
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Burdette vs Mather, could be a blast
Why hasn't Burdette been playing? Is she hurt?
johnnytennis is offline  
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Why hasn't Burdette been playing? Is she hurt?
She was injured for a little bit, but back now

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Senior Member
 
mboyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 18,514
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Fine. I'll rephrase that. "Is Ellah still really homophobic? Because back when she had myspace that's one thing that surprised me."
I have no idea...but I've never had any reason to believe that she is. I know she goes to mass every week.

Romney/Ryan 2012
mboyle is offline  
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Documenting the rivalry, if Florida and Stanford played today, my predictions:
(Line up based on last team match played)

No. 1 Stanford 5, No. 2 Florida 2

DOUBLES
1) Barte/Burdette (STAN) def. Oyen/Will (UF)
2) Embree/Mather (UF) def. Ahn/Gibbs (STAN)
3) Veronica Li/McVeigh (STAN) d. Cercone/Hitimana

SINGLES
1) Allie Will (UF) def. Hilary Barte (STAN)
2) Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. Lauren Embree (UF)
3) Kristie Ahn (STAN) d. Sofie Oyen (UF)
4) Mallory Burdette (STAN) d. Joanna Mather (UF)
5) Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Alex Cercone (UF)
6) Oliva Janowicz (UF) def. Carolyn McVeigh (STAN)


Hopefully we'll see at indoors
Why do you think Will will beat Burdette, if I may ask?
And Janowicz at 6, are you assuming that UF will do stacking?
Tan is inconsistent, if she commits errors and Cercone defends well, Cercone could win..
fantic is offline  
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Amalgamate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,853
                     
Re: WWW]NCAA FINAL STAN vs UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Why do you think Will will beat Burdette, if I may ask?
And Janowicz at 6, are you assuming that UF will do stacking?
Tan is inconsistent, if she commits errors and Cercone defends well, Cercone could win..
...what?

I said Will def. Barte, not Burdette. And Janowicz played #6 for UF against Duke, I didn't just make their lineups up myself.

Serena Williams
Victoria Azarenka Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens Christina McHale
Amalgamate is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome