1. #87 Isip/Poorta (SMC) def. #57 Dolehide/Remynse (UCLA) 8-1
2. Montez/Seguso (UCLA) def. Chkhikvishvili/Gingras (SMC) 8-2
3. Johansson/Jones (UCLA) def. Alita Fisher/Jullien (SMC) 8-4
UCLA Wins Doubles Point
1. McCall Jones (UCLA) def. #85 Alex Poorta (SMC) 6-4, 6-1
2. Catherine Isip (SMC) def. #36 Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) 7-6, 6-4
3. Pamela Montez (UCLA) def. Claire Soper (SMC) 6-4, 6-0
4. Andrea Remynse (UCLA) def. Anna Chkhikvishvili (SMC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Jenny Jullien (SMC) def. Maya Johansson (UCLA) 1-6, 6-3, 6-3
6. Carling Seguso (UCLA) def. Laurie Gingras (SMC) 7-5, 6-1
St. Mary's 0-1; National ranking #41
UCLA 1-0; National ranking #5
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (4,6,3,1,5,2)
SMC is REALLY good.
Look at doubles #1. Dolehide/Remynse just won the NCTC beating Barte/Burdette. Poorta's defense, Isip's short balls..pretty impressive.
#3 Fisher(white hat)' slice was very low too.
Both teams seems to have 'stacked'
Remynse at #4
And the newcomer, french player #5 Jullien.
Is this a #5 match?
Pretty high level. This Jullien can attack at both ends, good movement, nice defense.. Johansson wasn't that bad.
Jullien was just that good.
Whereas Dolehide was kinda sub par today. Yes Isip IS a sharp attacker, though.
Wonder if Hickey and Pantic plays..how would it effect the lineup?
Anyway UCLA, as always, boasts strong depth.
And SMC can repeat the WCC title. EVERY player is good. Pepperdine should step up.