2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 333 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:02 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
4/22/13

- Loyola Marymount gets verbal from 5 star Jessica Perez.

- 5 star Stephanie Lin is going to Cal on academic scholarship. She says she is not going to be on Cal's team but plans to compete on their club tennis team.

- Central Florida gets L.O.I. from 4 star Cortney Cesarini.

Cesarini to join UCF

- Louisville gets L.O.I. from 4 star Chloe Willetts.

- Cal St. Northridge gets verbal from 3 star Kristen Poei.
LMU got a potential ace; nice recruit.
fantic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #197 of 333 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Demosthenes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Broken Career
Posts: 45,555
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Kiick decided not to go to Florida after all. She's turning pro.

2016 Titles:
Tennis Tipping: (S) ITF Toronto | (D) Dalian (w/ Nottheone), ITF Bendigo (w/ Randy)
Suicide: Strasbourg, Tashkent, Hong Kong


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
And to think that Génie is 0-4 against this Kvitova player. Sometimes tennis is just not logical at all.
Demosthenes is online now  
post #198 of 333 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2013, 02:53 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
goOudinUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Believe
Posts: 39,141
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

GL in the pros!

Azarenka Ivanovic Oudin Sharapova Soylu
goOudinUSA is offline  
post #199 of 333 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Senior Member
 
desariofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 916
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Kiick decided not to go to Florida after all. She's turning pro.
Might as well. I never thought she would be a good fit w/ UF anyway... But durn it... Now who will UF try to get? Need an ace!
desariofan is offline  
post #200 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Top Californians usually go to Stanford (exception being Turewicz and Smith)

Top Floridans?

Kiick, Scholl, Crawford, Brady, Duval, current HS seniors;

K turned pro, B goes to UCLA
Did Sam declare pro already? Duval too? What of Scholl?
Even Cal. recruited a Floridan this season, Lynn Chi

Not too good for Florida teams, UF, UM, FSU..
fantic is offline  
post #201 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Demosthenes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Broken Career
Posts: 45,555
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Top Californians usually go to Stanford (exception being Turewicz and Smith)

Top Floridans?

Kiick, Scholl, Crawford, Brady, Duval, current HS seniors;

K turned pro, B goes to UCLA
Did Sam declare pro already? Duval too? What of Scholl?
Even Cal. recruited a Floridan this season, Lynn Chi

Not too good for Florida teams, UF, UM, FSU..
Crawford and Duval are definitely turning pro.

Scholl should go to college but I think she will turn pro like her sister.

2016 Titles:
Tennis Tipping: (S) ITF Toronto | (D) Dalian (w/ Nottheone), ITF Bendigo (w/ Randy)
Suicide: Strasbourg, Tashkent, Hong Kong


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
And to think that Génie is 0-4 against this Kvitova player. Sometimes tennis is just not logical at all.
Demosthenes is online now  
post #202 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 361
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Might as well. I never thought she would be a good fit w/ UF anyway... But durn it... Now who will UF try to get? Need an ace!
Someone outside the US.
UFGatorFan is offline  
post #203 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,269
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Someone outside the US.
That's what separates Stanford from the Gators, who have at least 2 key players from across the Atlantic.

Sofie Oyen - Leopoldsburg, Belgium

Caroline Hitimana - Waterloo, Belgium

Marrit Boonstra (2009) - Groningen, The Netherlands (De Rietlanden)

Anastasia Revzina (2009) - Moscow, Russia
tie_breaker is offline  
post #204 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,269
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Top Californians usually go to Stanford (exception being Turewicz and Smith)

Top Floridans?

Kiick, Scholl, Crawford, Brady, Duval, current HS seniors;

K turned pro, B goes to UCLA
Did Sam declare pro already? Duval too? What of Scholl?
Even Cal. recruited a Floridan this season, Lynn Chi

Not too good for Florida teams, UF, UM, FSU..
You're forgeting Brianna Morgan from Beverly Hills that went to UF...
tie_breaker is offline  
post #205 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 361
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
That's what separates Stanford from the Gators, who have at least 2 key players from across the Atlantic.

Sofie Oyen - Leopoldsburg, Belgium

Caroline Hitimana - Waterloo, Belgium

Marrit Boonstra (2009) - Groningen, The Netherlands (De Rietlanden)

Anastasia Revzina (2009) - Moscow, Russia
And the point of your post, was? Florida has had foreign players throughout the years. I can recall back as far as Divya Merchant when Andy Brandi was coaching. Not really sure what the purpose was. You act like Florida is the only team to ever have non Americans. Not like the entire roster is all foreign.

Good on Stanford that they can cherry pick all the top recruits from the US. Maybe they should look elsewhere to find the very best, though? They are the dynasty program, but one title in the last 7 years tells me they are slipping. The landscape has changed.
UFGatorFan is offline  
post #206 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Senior Member
 
desariofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 916
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
That's what separates Stanford from the Gators, who have at least 2 key players from across the Atlantic.

Sofie Oyen - Leopoldsburg, Belgium

Caroline Hitimana - Waterloo, Belgium

Marrit Boonstra (2009) - Groningen, The Netherlands (De Rietlanden)

Anastasia Revzina (2009) - Moscow, Russia
Its safe to say that out of the 4 you mentioned, only Boonstra was considered an "ace" top 3 player. Although Hitimana contributes, too; however I still consider her the key reason why UF lost to STAN in 2011 when she should have closed out the 2nd set at #6.

I am thinking UF might reach out to one of the Canadian girls that took a trip to visit UF back in February. I am not seeing any of the top girls from the upcoming class to commit.
desariofan is offline  
post #207 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,269
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
And the point of your post, was? Florida has had foreign players throughout the years. I can recall back as far as Divya Merchant when Andy Brandi was coaching. Not really sure what the purpose was. You act like Florida is the only team to ever have non Americans. Not like the entire roster is all foreign.

Good on Stanford that they can cherry pick all the top recruits from the US. Maybe they should look elsewhere to find the very best, though? They are the dynasty program, but one title in the last 7 years tells me they are slipping. The landscape has changed.

I was just seeing if I could draw you in to the dark side...

Seriously though, if there's any team that can cherry pick, it should be Florida.

First of all, you have great tennis weather, which is a big draw especially with recruits from up north.
Second, not much competition with schools in Florida, unlike schools in California.
Third, 2-peat and possible 3...

With you being a UFGatorFan, I was hoping you could shed some light on the issue.

BTW, Stanford usually recruits from Cali, especially So. Cal (Fantic knows something about that)

I would think that Stanford has a tough time, especially with more difficult academic requirements. Easier to get into UCLA...no offense slickshoes510

Last edited by tie_breaker; May 10th, 2013 at 05:34 AM.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #208 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,071
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I was just seeing if I could draw you in to the dark side...

Seriously though, if there's any team that can cherry pick, it should be Florida.

First of all, you have great tennis weather, which is a big draw especially with recruits from up north.
Second, not much competition with schools in Florida, unlike schools in California.
Third, 2-peat and possible 3...

With you being a UFGatorFan, I was hoping you could shed some light on the issue.

BTW, Stanford usually recruits from Cali, especially So. Cal (Fantic knows something about that)

I would think that Stanford has a tough time, especially with more difficult academic requirements. Easier to get into UCLA...no offense slickshoes510
None taken. Stanford is a great school. As long as UCLA keeps bringing in top recruits, I am happy.
slickshoes510 is offline  
post #209 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Senior Member
 
tie_breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,269
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Its safe to say that out of the 4 you mentioned, only Boonstra was considered an "ace" top 3 player. Although Hitimana contributes, too; however I still consider her the key reason why UF lost to STAN in 2011 when she should have closed out the 2nd set at #6.

I am thinking UF might reach out to one of the Canadian girls that took a trip to visit UF back in February. I am not seeing any of the top girls from the upcoming class to commit.

I remember looking at the upcoming class and 3 of the top 8 coming out of Florida:


Chalena Scholl - Pompano Beach, Florida (undecided?)

Rasheeda McAdoo - Boca Raton, Florida (Georgia Tech)

Jennifer Brady - Boca Raton, Florida (UCLA)


What I recall with match-ups with Gators vs. Cards (2011, 2010, 2004, 2003, 1999, and 1996) is that usually the team favorite to win was upset by the other team.
tie_breaker is offline  
post #210 of 333 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Le Conte's Sparrow
 
fantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,255
                     
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Crawford and Duval are definitely turning pro.

Scholl should go to college but I think she will turn pro like her sister.
If so then the winner is UCLA, who gets the sole Floridan, Jennifer
They're recruiting all over the nation, just look at the current roster

Even USC is exploring outside the region, as in the case of Ellie and Madison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
That's what separates Stanford from the Gators, who have at least 2 key players from across the Atlantic.

Sofie Oyen - Leopoldsburg, Belgium

Caroline Hitimana - Waterloo, Belgium

Marrit Boonstra (2009) - Groningen, The Netherlands (De Rietlanden)

Anastasia Revzina (2009) - Moscow, Russia
I thought Carol Zhao is going to join Stanford KEY foreign player!
Well, she's not from across the Atlantic though
fantic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome