LB, presently the last team in as at large, could also get a slight bump from SDSU beating USD on Monday (not factored in this weeks rankings) but that full effect will take two spins (SDSU will move from 75 to about 70 this week; then LB gets a slight bump post tourney in the final spins).
1. Form you are wrong. LBS will not get a delayed rankings boost from San Diego St. beating San Diego.
- Ex. Nebraska upset Texas A&M last week. This week Nebraska's ranking increased from #49 to #40. Next week LBS will get a delayed rankings boost from Nebraska's ranking increase this week.
- SDSU upset USD on Monday. This week SDSU's ranking went from #75 to #75. SDSU's ranking didn't change even after the USD win was already accounted for. Next week LBS will not get a delayed rankings boost from SDSU beating USD because SDSU's ranking remained the same.
2. San Diego State did beat ranked San Diego but in the same period SDSU lost to Wyoming.
Those 2 results probably canceled each other out resulting in SDSU's ranking to remain the same.
3. What will boost SDSU's ranking next week is TCU.
- TCU defeated ranked UCI 2 weeks ago but the results were not entered into the ITA website. So last week when TCU should have been ranked they were not. After last week's ranking came out the error was caught and the results were entered. So this week TCU gets ranked at #67.
- Last week TCU was not ranked but ranked #67 this week. This will increase SDSU's ranking next week. That in turn will increase both UCI's and LBS's ranking via delay 2 weeks from now. Then UCI's ranking increase will give LBS another slight computer points boost 3 cycles from now.
- Form I needed to point out that you were wrong because you'll see SDSU's ranking improve next week and think you were right.
In reality SDSU's increase comes from TCU and not USD.