1. Ana-Maria Constantinescu (Romania) - Jr. WTA 954
2. Maria Kalashnikova (Georgia) - Jr. ITF 402
3. Marie-Pier Huet (Canada) - So. WTA 1049
4. Kristina Radan (Austria) - So.
5. Peta Lancaster - So. 4 star 59
6. Tara Eckel - Jr. 4 star 81
7. Teona Tsertsvadze (Georgia) - Fr. WTA 1048
8. Katelyn Connelly - Fr. 4 star 79
WO Brittany Parks - Fr. 3 star 46
1. Whitney Ritchie - 5 star 27
2. Mia Lancaster - 5 star 36
1. Amalia Herring is a walk-on. Tip: You can tell someone is a walk-on when they don't sign a L.O.I. or they are not mentioned in the release about new recruits. Herring didn't indicate signing a L.O.I. in her TRN profile and she wasn't mentioned in the Kristie Ahn signing release.
2. I list the rankings of the incoming players to partially make sure they are better than the person in red I think is most likely to get axed. In Stanford's case Jennifer Yen who was a 5 star ranking high of 31 is better than Amalia Herring who was an unrated 56.
3. Nice try with Stanford and in the future keep looking out for more teams that over sign their allotment of 8 scholarship players.
that is what i was thinking till i came up with this article
"Amelia Herring Makes Her Way to Stanford"
"Stanford recently recruited senior Amelia Herring for a full tennis scholarship. Following a wrist injury, Herring could not play for most of her junior year making this a surprising turn of events. In terms of being recruited, junior year is the most important, as colleges begin looking for prospective team members. Herring managed to pull through and get her scholarship confirmed only a few weeks ago."
davidjaime the article was a nice find.
But I won't buy Herring as a scholarship player until I see a release from Stanford or Herring is in the line-up for Pac 10 play. Local articles are susceptible to misinformation.
A soccer scholarship seems to make the most sense but a TRN article on Fournier says otherwise. The number of players that needs to get fired from Texas Tech goes back up to 2.
"But, since tennis is offering me a full scholarship, and is allowing me the opportunity to try and play soccer in the fall, I can't be selfish about it. It would make no sense to continue to play soccer at the expense of the tennis team if I am not considered an important or impact player." - Haley Fournier
cant Fournier get a 1/2 scholarship from each sport, but it would not matter since the athletic scholarships come from a huge pool of $$$$$$$
TT-started: 50k Nottingham 2010
Singles: Rank-17; Career High-12. Best Results: W: 2016-Brisbane, 2014-25k Grenoble, Bastad;RU: 2015-Hobart, 2014- 2012-Rome,2011-Palermo
Doubles: Rank-159; Career High-4. Best Results: W: 2015-Hua Hin (as Q) w/tennisbuddy12 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2013- Madrid w/Kylger, 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon Follow me on Instagram: www.instagram.com/kdtennis91